Moving home is never an easy task!
At Core Relocations great care and planning is undertaken to provide our clients with a stress-free moving experience. Most of our clients move with us several times and we depend on our referrals because of satisfied clients.
Core is known for meticulous attention to detail & thorough planning offering our clients the best service possible. Allow us to put your mind at ease – our staff is properly trained to ensure that the task is made easier for you, our client. We offer packing & specialised packing services, storage and also Liability cover (please see our terms and conditions)
Packing materials & services:
Packing is the most time-consuming stage of moving home but if planned well, it can be bearable and a stress-free exercise.
A comprehensive packing service is offered by Core relocations. Only clean, high quality packing materials are utilized to ensure the safe transportation of your household goods. Durable plastic covers can be provided for all mattresses and upholstered furniture. Should you require packing of your household by Core, only skilled & trained packers are used. It is essential to consider special wrapping for your prized belongings – please do not hesitate to contact our office for assistance Core is able to assist with the supply of packing materials should you wish to attend to your own packing eg. Cartons, white paper, buff tape, bubble wrap.
Should you require storage facilities – Core can assist. Our rates are extremely competitive – we cater for your individual needs. Goods are safely packed away at our secure premises and a comprehensive inventory is compiled for peace of mind. Do not store confidential papers eg id documents, insurance policies, vehicle details, passports, family heirlooms and photos. If you foresee that you might need certain items whilst in storage, please indicate this to your supervisor upon loading. Please notify Core if you have a change of address, phone numbers or email address while in storage.
Should you wish to access your goods whilst in storage – handling fees are applicable. Adequate notice (0ne month) is required when goods are taken out of storage.
Should you require Liability cover, you need to complete a Value Declaration form and the Liability acceptance fee must be paid to Core Relocation before commencement of your move. Any liability accepted by Core Relocations is subject to our Terms & Conditions pertaining to All Risks Insurance.
The quality of our service is closely monitored by management. We invite our clients to complete our “Quality Control Form” on completion of the move enabling us to always strive to deliver the best service possible. We are committed to our customers to provide exceptional service and this can only be done by measure & reward.
To prepare for packing, make sure you have all the necessary tools available:
- Permanent marker pens
- Bubble wrap
- Tissue/White paper
- Packing tape
- Fragile stickers
- Mark owner packed cartons clearly in order to easily identify at your new home especially linen for the beds and curtains.
- Start packing room by room
- Use a number system
- Pack unnecessary items ahead of time
- Keep essentials items for the last day before the move
- Keep a variety of size cartons on hand
- Larger cartons are best used for light items eg Tupperware and linen
- Small cartons are used for crockery, glassware, books
- Protect fragile items with bubble wrap
- Never overpack your cartons
- Mark fragile cartons clearly and point this to your mover’s supervisor
- Keep a ‘VALUABLES’ carton and ‘MOVING DAY’ carton (sometimes 2) The ‘VALUABLES’ CARTONS can be used to pack valuables such as photos, family heirlooms, jewelry and official documents eg birth certificates, passports and id documents. Keep this carton with you at all times.
The ‘MOVING’ carton should included items such as essential toiletries, towels, headache tables, water, a few items of crockery and cutlery, kettle, wipes, snacks, coffee/tea, toothpaste and brushes, flashlight.
- Remember: A good rule of thumb is, if you can’t lift the cartons easily, it’s too heavy.
Thorough planning is the key to an easy move! With so many decisions to make, this removal tips will help you get organized and hopefully stay organized! Planning of a move normally takes about 8-10 weeks, so start early.
- Call for quotations from professional movers
- Book your removal date as soon as possible
- Decide what to sell, donate or replace
- Obtain copies of medical, dental, legal, accounting and veterinarian records especially if moving long distance.
- Make arrangements for record transfers between schools
- Arrange for your address to be changed at the bank, post office, motor license department, hire purchase suppliers, short & life insurance companies, schools, churches, shop accounts, Mnet and any subscriptions.
- Your deepfreeze and fridge needs to be defrosted in time for a long distance removal
- Stabilize the drum of your washing machine with its brackets
- Arrange well in advance for the disconnection of your stove, taking off shelves, dismantling of any furniture, doors etc
- Drain fuel from heaters, tanks, lawnmover and motorbike
- Let out gas in gas bottles – transport your own paint and flammable items
- Water your plants a few days before the removal.
- Tighten the lids of jars and bottles before packing (and clingwrap if you can)
- If applicable, ensure your Liability Cover fee is paid before your move
- If Core is not doing your packing, make sure everything is packed and ready for the day of your removal.
- Ensure that all keys in cabinets are kept with you – Core do not take responsibility for lost keys.
- Kindly ensure that your account is fully settled before we load your goods. Make provision for extra costs should you require additional packing of special wrapping of furniture.
- Confirm final dates & times with our operations department.
Make Core your best move ever!